Future Rappers Of Bangladesh (FRB)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future Rappers Of Bangladesh (FRB)

THIS FORUM HAS BEEN STOPPED.FOLLOW US @ OUR FB GROUP.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

10 easy steps to start off rapping

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pRo
IMMORTAL
IMMORTAL
pRo

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-07-27

10 easy steps to start off rapping Empty
PostSubject: 10 easy steps to start off rapping   10 easy steps to start off rapping Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:29 am

Step 1. Start Easy.
No need to start off rhyming "the toasty cow's utter" with "most o' my flow's butter". No need to even rhyme. Just forget everything else and flow. The rhythm can be simple, the words might be 2nd grade level, but you're still freestyling as long as you make it up. This was my first freestyle rap, which I spit when I was 11 months old:
I am funny,
I like bunnies,
touch my tummy,
mummy,

Step 2. Keep Flowing.
You're going to make mistakes. You're going to sound stupid. Make your first freestyle rap verses your stupidest verses just to get them out of the way. Keep flowing. Can't think of a rhyme? Keep flowing! Stutter over words? Keep flowing. It's inevitable that at some point some of your lines won't rhyme, won't make sense, or that you will inadvertently diss yourself (I knew one guy who accidentally dissed himself all the time when we were freestyling), just keep flowing. If you make a mistake, do your best to incorporate your mistake into your next lines like this:

I drive you bananas, apples and oranges,
ah.... damn, nothing rhymes with oranges,
to make it rhyme, I squeeze it into orange juice,
flow's tighter than small undies...
yours are mad loose.

Step 3. Rhyme
Not every line in your ridiculous freestyle rap has to rhyme, but most of them probably will. Words that rhyme form the foundation of rapping. As soon as you know what word you're going to end line 1 with, your mind should start racing to find out a word you can use at the end of line 2. Let's say your first line is, "I'm exhausted from doing summer reading." As soon as you realize that you're going to end the line with "reading," you should think of something that rhymes, and might possibly be related:
meaning,
weeding,
beading,
ceiling,
teething,
Pick one and then try to carve the second line to lead toward that word. Let's say you pick "weeding", your next line might be:
I'm exhausted from doing summer reading
breaking my back digging holes, painting and weeding.
If you pick "meaning," you might say:
I'm exhausted from doing summer reading,
my eyes skim the page but always miss the meaning.

Step 4. Rap over beats, rap over anything.
Flow over one of our free rap beat instrumentals or pop in one of your favorite hip-hop cd's and drown out the 'real' rappers. Rap over classical music, jazz, rock, techno. Rap in the shower, on the bus, before you go to school, during your lunch break, and after dates. Freestyle rap while you're out on a jog, rocking out your iPod. Yeah, people will think you're crazy, but they won't think you're crazy when you go Platinum!

Step 5. Rap about things around you.
This is definitely the best way to prove to the crowd that you're really freestyling and not just spitting something you wrote in your room the night before. It's also a huge crowd-pleaser, 'cause its impressive and it makes everyone real glad that they're hanging out with you. Rap about things you see. Incorporate objects, actions, people, clothing, situations, and sounds into your rap. When I'm in the shower, I'll rap about what kind of soap I'm using:
Trying hard to get clean, maybe just a smidgen,
I use ghetto Dove soap, also known as pigeon,
Or at a battle competition, this is crucial. You've got to spit things specific about your opponent. These are the hardest-hitting punches. Take Eminem's freestyle (not really a freestyle - because it was pre-written to sound like a freestyle) on 8-mile. He's battling a guy named Lotto who's wearing a tight, white tank top:

"Lookin' like a cyclone hit you,
Tank top screamin', 'Lotto, I don't fit you!'"
If you're rapping while driving around in your car, rap about how you feel or things you see.
I'm hungry driving in this old Volvo,
I think I'll stop by Olive Garden and drink some olive oil.

Step 6. Include Metaphors.
Metaphors and similes are an advanced but important part of freestyle rapping. They are often found in a rapper's funniest and cleverest lines, and they really differentiate beginners from skilled emcees. Take Talib Kweli's lines:
"We're like shot clocks, interstate cops and blood clots,
my point is... your flow gets stopped."
Check out a quick breakdown on figurative language, and find more examples at our hip-hop metaphors page.
Metaphors and similes are really the backbone of an advanced rapper. He'll spit more comparisons than a door-to-door salesman to sink the competition like a leaky submarine. Learn how to use metaphors correctly, and your rhymes will not only be funnier and smarter, but they'll sound better too. Take Kanye's line:
"Ooh, girl, your breath is harsh,
cover your mouth up like you've got SARS."

Step 7. Reference current events.
See what Kanye did in that line above? He snuck in the cultural reference.

Other than amazing in-rhyming and dope metaphors, the most impressive thing a freestyle rapper can do is make timely references to culture and current events. Let's say, for example, that you are at a cipher, rapping with some of your friends (dissin' each other, just goofin' around), and the day before you remember reading that Oprah recently lost 200 pounds. How dope is it if you throw that in your rhymes:
You big now, but you 'bout to get cut down,
smaller than Oprah Winfrey dropping 200 pounds.
I recently heard an emcee reference soaring gas prices:
fast? son, that ain't fast.
I'm rising faster than the price of gas.
The sooner you can reference it, the better.

Step 8. Pass the mic like it's contagious.
Rap in ciphers - groups of two or more rappers playing off of reach other, trading verses. This is a great way to improve and it's hell of fun. One of your friends can beat box, you can throw a beat on the stereo, or just freestyle over nothing. Take turns, cutting in whenever you want or when someone "passes you the mic" (you probably won't have an actual mic). Never drop the invisible mic! Pick it up and pass it!
Work off of others rhymes. If they throw in something about the bible, pick up that theme and run with it. Try to stick to similar topics, or riff off of topics in creative ways. Expand / reference their lines. When my friends and I cipher, we like to kick it about random stuff that we all know about, like our personal lives.
Me:
Derek's life is tough, his job is rough,
plus Suparna took all his dopest stuff,
for her apartment in NYC,
'cause that's where she be,
holding down a job at a publishing company.

Derek:
Yeah, my life is tough, but not that hard,
'cause I spend all my nights watching Sponge Bob,
Blake you the one with the job that sucks,
asking people if they want more pepper on their halibut.
Or take this example from Eminem's battle with Lotto from 8-Mile. Lotto starts off references the old 50's TV show, Leave it to Beaver. Eminem picks it up and spits it right back, references all the characters from the show.
Lotto:
Screw 'Lotto,' call me your leader
I feel bad I gotta murder that dude from "Leave It To Beaver"
Eminem:
Ward, I think you were a little hard on the Beaver
So was Eddie Haskell, Wally, and Ms. Cleaver

Step 9. Listen to great hip hop and learn.
The best rappers know how to freestyle rap. Listen to your favorites and copy (not permanently) their styles to see how they do it. Check out our best freestyles page (coming soon) for Common, Jay-Z, Talib Kweli, Mos Def and others, freestyling.
Listen and learn.

Step 10. Practice.
That's all there is to it. You've got the learn how to freestyle battle rap tips. Now its time to take it to the streets. Rap all the time, practice all night and day. Practice might not make perfect, but it makes damn good! Good luck and godspeed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.banglarap.co.nr/
Sh1ft Haq
Rookie
Rookie
Sh1ft Haq

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-07-02

10 easy steps to start off rapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 easy steps to start off rapping   10 easy steps to start off rapping Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:05 pm

HeY this tip is available in google if i only search Rap Tips....lol....
Back to top Go down

10 easy steps to start off rapping
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Future Rappers Of Bangladesh (FRB) :: Hustlers Section :: Newbies Zone-
Jump to: